Job Shadowing & Student Experiences
Thank you for taking an interest in seeking a learning opportunity with us. We’re happy to assist students in receiving the best experience possible and take pride in our ability to promote careers in the healthcare industry when possible. Please be aware that we will make our best effort to fill student requests but are not able to guarantee a placement.
Please complete the Request for Student Experience and a Hospital representative will contact you if an opportunity becomes available. Please limit your request submission to one per student. Submitting multiple requests will not speed the process nor improve the success of a placement.
We are happy to accept college students and high school students age 18 and over into the program.
We require that all students review our Standards of Conduct, Confidentiality Statement, and Hand Hygiene Policy. Additionally, students are required to complete an electronic orientation before their first day at Evangelical to gain an understanding of our procedures. Students are required to review content and quizzes provided and return these completed documents to Human Resources upon arrival on their first day.
All students are expected to:
- Present themselves in a professional manner.
- Dress appropriately. Business casual/casual pants & sneakers are acceptable, but please avoid wearing denim and/or t-shirts.
- Provide copies/proof of the following immunizations:
- Current PPD/TB Test (administered within the past 12 months)
- Rubella (German Measles)
- Rubeola (Measles)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Seasonal Flu
- Provide copies of the following clearances within 30 days of start date:
- Pennsylvania State Police Clearance
- Department of Public Welfare (DPW) Childline Clearance
- Federal (FBI) Criminal Background Check (using electronic fingerprinting through a vendor to DPW: Cogent Systems)
Thanks again for your interest and good luck!