Healthcare Careers High School Internship Program
Two options are available. Select from a Nursing or Healthcare Career Track.
The High School Summer Internship Program at Evangelical Community Hospital allows participants to discover the exciting opportunities in healthcare. The program offers well-rounded and academically able High School students an opportunity to learn and work with nursing and allied health professionals and experience the career opportunities within the healthcare field. The program is open to junior and senior level students.
The internship provides 32 hours in the classroom and 40 hours of one-on-one interaction with healthcare professionals in a variety of clinical settings.
The internship program runs from June through July. Applications will be accepted for unpaid, internship placements in the Spring.
Join other high school students in a summer internship that can change your life and others too!
- GPA of 88% or above with strong math, science and communication skills
- Strong school attendance and punctuality records
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty/coaches
- Completion of Application Form (also found in your Guidance Office)
- Successful completion of a personal interview
Deadline for applications is in May.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Lori Berger at (570) 522-2727. We look forward to working with you and your school!