Evangelical offers women a trusted source for comprehensive gynecological services. From preventative care to family planning to surgical options to menopause, our goal is to keep you healthy through all stages of life.
Your health and wellness is important to us, and that is why we recommend an annual exam. During this appointment, we conduct a brief physical exam of your heart, lungs, and abdomen and address any health issues that may have developed. We will also perform a pelvic exam and a Pap smear test, where we take a sample of cells from your cervix to examine for abnormalities. A breast exam may also be performed.
Birth Control Options
We’ll guide you through all options available and help you find the method that’s right for your lifestyle and your health goals. We also offer permanent surgical birth control options such as tubal ligation and Essure® Permanent Birth Control.
is a soft, flexible micro-insert that prevents pregnancy by creating a permanent tissue barrier in each fallopian tube. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes for a trained doctor to insert the coil through your body’s natural pathways (vagina, cervix and uterus) and into your fallopian tubes. In 3 months the doctor will perform a test to verify that the tissue barrier is completely formed and that your protection is permanent. This procedure can be performed in the comfort of our office and is covered by most insurance providers.
Services & Procedures Offered
Our board certified physicians offer a number of gynecological services and procedures, including:
- Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- Hysterectomies can be performed with or without the removal of one or both fallopian tubes and ovaries, via a number of different surgical approaches, including abdominal, vaginal, and laparoscopic.
- Surgeries of the vulva and perineum (external female anatomy)
- Surgeries of the vagina and cervix.
- These can include such things as biopsies, and cystocele and rectocele repair (bulging of the bladder or rectum into the vagina).
- Surgeries of the uterus
- These can include procedures such as biopsies, dilatation & curettage (D&C), hysteroscopy (looking inside the uterine cavity with a scope inserted through the cervix), removal of fibroids, and endometrial ablation (treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding) using the NovaSure® (www.novasure.com) procedure.
- Surgeries of the fallopian tubes and/or ovaries. These may include treatment or removal of cysts, removal of the tubes/ovaries, ectopic pregnancy surgery, and tubal ligation/sterilization.