Support Group Information
To ensure the best possible surgical outcomes, our multidisciplinary team provides preoperative education and support classes and postoperative support group settings where nutrition, exercise and behavior modification are reinforced at monthly support group meetings.
The support group is open to both pre- and post-operative bariatric patients including their family, friends and support people and is held the first Wednesday of each month with no support groups held during the months of June and July.
A schedule outlining the topics and speakers for the year is available and is distributed to all interested patients.
Patient Benefits of Support Groups
- Fellowship through a common bond
- Source of up-to-date information about surgery and latest developments
- Education in nutrition, exercise and post-op needs
- Allow patients to share their experience
- Increases bariatric surgery success
- Learn behavior modification skills
All support groups will start at 6:30 pm and are free. Feel free to bring a support person!
View upcoming support groups and register online.
If you have any questions, use our contact form or give us a call at (570) 522-4411.