Fast-Acting Emergency Care
Health emergencies are stressful, confusing times. Read our Emergency FAQs for a better understanding of what to expect when you come to Evangelical with an emergency.
Count on Evangelical When Every Second Counts
Evangelical Community Hospital is proud of its state-of-the-art Emergency Department.
Our modern facility offers many essential features and extras for patient and family comfort including:
- 19 private patient rooms
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) Room
- Hazmat/Decontamination area
- Negative Pressure Room for infection control and airborne pathogens
- Two trauma rooms
- Telephones in every patient room(televisions in most patient rooms)
- Children’s play area
- Large, comfortable reception area Refreshment cafe
The Emergency Room at Evangelical is staffed with a caring and comprehensive team of emergency medicine professionals including:
- Physicians specializing in Emergency Medicine
- Nurses with additional training in trauma and emergency pediatric care
- Dedicated emergency services support team
Before the Emergency Room
While we understand that emergency medical situations can be scary, please be sure that your situation requires emergency care. The following guides can be helpful in assessing your emergency need. If you are ever in doubt as to whether or not your medical situation is an emergency, always call 911 first.
Know the warning signs:
Attention Patients: Please do not call the Emergency Department for medical advice. The ED is unable to give medical advice over the phone. If you think you are having a medical emergency, call 911 or come straight to the Emergency Department. If you are seeking medical advice, contact your primary care physician.
Frequently Asked Questions
Seeking emergency medical services can be a stressful and trying time. In order to make the experience more navigable, our emergency services team has prepared a simple guide that addresses the most common questions asked by our patients.