At Evangelical Community Hospital we have a team of Patient Account Representatives who are dedicated in helping you understand how accounts are handled and what your responsibilities are as a patient. You may contact the Business Office at (570) 522-2552.
Once a patient receives services at Evangelical Community Hospital or through Evangelical Medical Services Organization (EMSO), we will submit charges to the appropriate insurance carrier provided that correct billing information was submitted at the time of registration.
As a patient you are responsible for:
- Providing to the best of your knowledge, accurate, honest and complete information regarding billing and insurance.
- Contacting your insurance company prior to receiving services in order to confirm coverage and to determine if your insurance is accepted by Evangelical.
- Paying all charges not paid by insurance.
- Assisting us in collecting from your insurance carrier by providing all requested information.
- Paying your account promptly or contacting us if payment is a concern.
- Making sure the hospital bill is paid promptly, regardless of any pending litigation resulting from an injury caused by a third party.
We will assist patients in meeting their financial obligations by:
- Filing insurance claims as long as completed insurance information is provided at the time of registration.
- Providing patients with a bill for balances that are self pay.
- Providing patients with itemized bills upon request.
- Accepting payment in the form of either Cash, Check, Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover).
- Appealing insurance denials whenever appropriate and possible.
- Assisting patients who are unable to make payment in full with monthly payment options.
- Pre-screening patients for Medical Assistance.
- Processing Financial Assistance applications for those patients who do not meet Medical Assistance guidelines.
- Following established guidelines for collecting accounts. The guidelines allow for delinquent accounts to be placed for recovery with a professional collection agency.
- Answering questions regarding your account.
For inquiries regarding your bill contact the Business Office at (570) 522-2552.
About Your Hospital Bill
Physician fees are not included in your hospital bill. You will receive separate bills from any physician(s) and/or surgeon(s) who participated in your care. These physicians include and are not limited to: Radiologists, Emergency Room Physicians, Hospitalists, Cardiologists, Anesthesiologists and Pathologists. Charges for these services may be billed through several other entities. Listed below are the most common entities and their contact numbers.
- Quantum Imaging (physician interpreting your Radiology test) – 1 (877) 932-5955
- Medrium (Emergency Room Physician Billing) – 1 (888) 456-6062
- Mid Penn Anesthesia (Physician providing Anesthesia) – 1 (800) 872-3458
- Evangelical Medical Services Organization (Evangelical Physician Billing) – (570) 522-2552
How to Pay
Our Insurance Policies
- Pre-Certification is Required - Most insurance companies require pre-certification or authorization for hospital admission. This means that you must notify the insurance company prior to your admission to the Hospital, or within 24 hours after emergency admission. Failure to complete this process will cause unnecessary additional costs, for which you are responsible.
- Consent for Treatment and Release of Information - You will be asked to sign a permission form concerning consent for treatment and release of medical information to your insurance company.
- Evaluation and Payment - Your insurance coverage will be evaluated prior to, or at the time of, your admission. Most insurance plans will make payments directly to the Hospital if you have signed an assignment form.
- No-Fault Automobile and Workers' Comp - If your Hospital bill is being paid by no-fault automobile insurance or workman's compensation, we will need verbal or written approval, along with your claim numbers, from the carrier before your bill can be processed.
If any part of your bill is not covered by insurance, it is your responsibility to make arrangements to pay by check, credit card, or payment plan. If you are concerned about your ability to pay or wish to discuss available sources of assistance, please call our Billing Office at 522-2552.