Joint Replacement Education Program
Joint Replacement Pre-Operative Class
Evangelical Community Hospital holds a special class for patients scheduled for total joint surgery. The Total Joint Team Leader will schedule this class for you 2-3 weeks before surgery.
Members of the team will be there to answer your questions and to give you a tour of the Joint Replacement Program. We strongly recommend that you bring a friend or family member with you to act as your coach. The coach's role will be reviewed during class.
The outline of the class follows below:
- Informative presentation slides
- What to expect throughout your stay
- Role of the coach
- Meet the team
- Learn your breathing exercises
- Review your pre-op exercises
- Learn about joint protection and assistive devices
- Discharge planning questions and answers
After the class, you will feel confident about your procedure and able to begin active participation in a successful surgery and recovery.