Questions to Ask Your Surgeon
What Should I Ask My Surgeon Before Knee Replacement Surgery or Hip Replacement Surgery?
If your doctor recommends joint replacement, it is normal to have many questions about the procedure. Below are some of the questions you may want to discuss with your surgeon. Also, please take time to meet our surgeons.
- What are the risks and potential complications of knee or hip replacement?
- How long will the procedure take?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- When will I be able to resume normal activities?
- How much pain relief or increased mobility can I expect?
- Which implant have you chosen for my joint replacement?
- What are the clinical results of the implant system you have chosen?
- What, in your opinion, makes this implant the very best available implant for my condition?