The greatest challenge facing most hospitals today is to remain financially secure in an environment where healthcare delivery and reimbursement is rapidly and radically changing.
Evangelical has been very fortunate to remain financially strong and able to offer free and reduced fee services for those in need, but we need to ensure that these services will be available for future generations.
Evangelical has several endowment funds. Gifts made to the endowment are unrestricted or designated to maintain specific programs and services. The principal is invested and the income that is generated from the investment is used to support ongoing program needs. Current endowment funds include:
- W. Gale Reish, MD Community Health Education Fund
- Mae Keefer Nursing Scholarship Fund
- Crystal Carter Snyder Nursing Scholarship Fund
- Michael Daniloff Endowment for Evangelical Hospice
- William N. & Elizabeth K. Frederick Endowment for Pre-Hospital Services
- J. Preston, MD & June M. Hoyle Endowment
- Charles P. Fasano, DO Memorial Lecture Fund
- Unrestricted Endowment