Seasonal Flu – Tips & Advice
Evangelical Community Hospital is dedicated to providing up-to-date information on the seasonal flu. Most importantly:
- How to stay healthy
- How to prevent the spread
- Staying home when appropriate
- Proper hygiene
- How to get a flu shot
Our flu clinic schedule is updated often throughout flu season. Find a location near you.
What You Can Do to Stay Healthy
- Stay informed.
The CDC website is a good resource and will be updated regularly as information becomes available. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- Take everyday actions to stay healthy.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- View the proper technique for hand washing.
- Use alcohol-based hand cleaners.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home if you get sick. CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Find healthy ways to deal with stress and anxiety.
- Call 1-800-CDC-INFO for more information.